Hot Pepper JellyFrom floridasunshine 10 years ago
- 2/3 c. of hot peppers (this amount can vary according to what type of peppers used and how hot you want your jelly.) shopping list
- 6 c. of sugar shopping list
- 1 bottle Certo or 2 packets Certo shopping list
- 1 tsp. of food coloring (red or green I use red for hotter jelly-green for milder jelly) shopping list
- 1 bell pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. of white vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- First you need to chop the peppers and put in blender with vinegar.
- Let this blend well and pour into large boiler.
- Then add sugar and mix well.
- You will let this mixture come to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Then remove from flame, strain through seive and return liquid back to a boil.
- This needs to boil for aprox. 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- You will need to add Certo and food coloring quickly.
- Put into 6 (1/2 pt.) jars and seal.
- Finally, turn jar up correctly and allow this to cool completely before storing.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookfloridasunshine Berkeley, CA
The Rating4 people
Mmm, with so much hot pepper in it, I can tell I'm going to like this jelly! I've saved it, and you get my 5!! Thank you!!!wdsdy in loved it
Excellent!!!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
yummy ........fantastic....... i love itminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!