Hot Pepper JellyFrom floridasunshine 7 years ago
- 2/3 c. of hot peppers (this amount can vary according to what type of peppers used and how hot you want your jelly.) shopping list
- 6 c. of sugar shopping list
- 1 bottle Certo or 2 packets Certo shopping list
- 1 tsp. of food coloring (red or green I use red for hotter jelly-green for milder jelly) shopping list
- 1 bell pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. of white vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- First you need to chop the peppers and put in blender with vinegar.
- Let this blend well and pour into large boiler.
- Then add sugar and mix well.
- You will let this mixture come to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Then remove from flame, strain through seive and return liquid back to a boil.
- This needs to boil for aprox. 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- You will need to add Certo and food coloring quickly.
- Put into 6 (1/2 pt.) jars and seal.
- Finally, turn jar up correctly and allow this to cool completely before storing.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookfloridasunshine Berkeley, CA
The Rating4 people
yummy ........fantastic....... i love itminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Excellent!!!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
Mmm, with so much hot pepper in it, I can tell I'm going to like this jelly! I've saved it, and you get my 5!! Thank you!!!wdsdy in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!