Southern Style White BeansFrom dixiediner 8 years ago
How to make it
- Fill a Dutch oven with 4 inches of water.
- Add white beans and ring to a boil over medium high heat on stovetop.
- Add ham hock, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, for 3 hours, or until desired degree of tenderness.
- Add water as needed to keep beans covered during cooking.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookdixiediner MS
The Rating4 people
These are my favorite. Just add a slice of cornbread and i'm good to go!gianc1jj in San Diego loved it
I chopped up a red bell pepper , red onion, and a little garlic for colorful garnish and to add a little crunch. I also added a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to my personal bowl and teammed the beans up with a piece of hot water cornbread......OMG...moreQweenbee in loved it