Roasted Garden Melange SauceFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 ½ cups fresh beetroots, scrubbed and chopped fairly small shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- ½ cup white onion, diced shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp basil shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder shopping list
- ½ tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line baking sheets with foil.
- Arrange tomatoes and beets in a single layer. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast 45 minutes.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium. Spray with cooking spray.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and cook gently until very soft but not brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add seasonings.
- Scrape roasted tomatoes, beets and all the blackened debris and juices into the pot and stir well.
- Raise the heat and stir, crushing vegetables against the sides of the pot.
- Add the lemon juice and canned tomatoes, mix well and lower heat.
- Simmer 25 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
cannot wait to try thisceliac_ceahow_martine in Newcastle loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members