Hunts Family Rice PuddingFrom recipediva 7 years ago
- 6 cups milk shopping list
- ¾ cup long rice pudding shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- ¾ cup sugar shopping list
- 3 egg yolks beaten shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- Optional: last 15 minutes of cooking you can add raisins. I pre soak them in water or sometimes rum and drain the liquid before adding. shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse pan with cold water and do not dry.
- Pour milk in and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered until rice is tender for about 55 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine cream sugar, egg yolks, vanilla, and salt and set aside.
- When the rice is tender, stir in cream mixture until completely combined: heat to a boil. (I usually add some hot liquid to the cream mixture first to temper it, then add it to the pot)
- Remove from heat and pour into a 2 quart dish.
- Sprinkle top generously with cinnamon.
- Chill at least 4 hours.
- Optional: Top it off with homemade whip cream. ONLY homemade whip cream.
- This makes 6 cups.
- I usually double this. Believe me it goes.
- This is the best rice pudding. I was never a fan until I started eating this.