Dutch Apple Pie with oatmeal StreuselFrom jillianimre 6 years ago
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust shopping list
- 5 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced shopping list
- 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 2/3 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp.cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp allspice shopping list
- 2 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 packages of Kashi Heart to heart instant oatmeal golden brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 425.
- Fit pie crust in pie shell and place in freezer.
- Apple filling:
- Place apples in large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl combine 2 Tbsp. flour, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Mix well and toss with apples until evenly coated.
- Remove pie shell from freezer. Place apple mixture in shell and dot with butter.
- Lay foil lightly on top but do not seal.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven and sprinkle Kashi oatmeal evenly on top of apples.
- Reduce heat to 375.
- Bake 30 - 35 min, covering loosely with foil.