Aunt Georgies Chocolate CakeFrom heatherbudapest 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g) sifted flour shopping list
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbsp (50 ml) baking cocoa shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup (60 g) butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour milk (see note below in Directions, Tip #1) shopping list
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hot strong coffee (or hot water) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F or 175C Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt into mixing bowl.
- Add egg, butter, sour milk, hot water and vanilla.
- Beat (preferably with an electric mixer) at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch (33 x 22 x 5-cm) baking pan.
- Bake at 350F or 175C for 20 minutes or until it tests done (a toothpick or fork comes out clean). Cool in pan.
- Tip #1: To sour sweet milk, place 1 Tbsp (15 ml) vinegar in a measuring cup and add enough milk to make 1 cup (250 ml)
- Tip #2: I usually double this recipe. It works just fine doubled, but bear in mind that the baking time is roughly doubled when the recipe is doubled.
The Cookheatherbudapest By The Lakeside, MI
The Rating1 people
Any recipe that turns sour milk into a chocolate cake has my five!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it