Creamed Pearl Onions and PeasFrom leigh561 8 years ago
- 3/4 to 1 cup white pearl onions or thinly sliced onion rings shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups frozen peas shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- dash pepper shopping list
- dash nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Combine onion rings, water, and 1 teaspoon salt in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 7 minutes.
- Add peas and cook for 5 minutes longer, or until peas are just tender. Drain and reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add flour and seasonings, stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Add the cream and reserved liquid from vegetables.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add the vegetables and heat through.