Clam UpsFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 6-1/2 ounce can minced clams shopping list
- 2 tablespoons diced onion shopping list
- 5 tablespoons butter divided shopping list
- 3-1/2 teaspoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 9 slices bread crusts removed shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Drain clams reserving juice then set aside.
- In a skillet sauté onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender then stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add horseradish, garlic powder, Worcestershire, salt and reserved clam juice. Bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes then remove from heat and stir in clams.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin.
- Melt remaining butter then brush one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread with clam mixture and roll up.
- Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cut rolls into thirds and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 8 minutes then serve warm.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!