Chili-cheese sandwiches on ryeFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 16 slices monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 8 slices rye bread shopping list
- 4 tablespoons chili sauce shopping list
- 1 4-ounce can green chilies, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
How to make it
- Place 4 slices cheese on each of 4 slices of bread.
- Spread each with a tablespoon of chili sauce.
- Divide chilies equally among sandwiches.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- In a pie plate, beat milk, cumin, salt and egg until smooth.
- Dip both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture.
- Heat butter in a skillet until hot and bubbly, reduce heat.
- Place sandwiches in skillet, cover and cook sandwiches over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Flip sandwiches and cook on remaining side for about 5 minutes longer, until cheese is melted and bread is light brown.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!