One-skillet vegetable fiesta supperFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 1 cup chopped carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices shopping list
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices shopping list
- 1 can kidney bean, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 can whole kernel mexicorn, Green Giant® makes one with red and green peppers that works great, undrained shopping list
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup medium thick-n-chunky picante shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- half pack of taco seasoning mix, such as Old El Paso® shopping list
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- sour cream to serve shopping list
- cooked rice to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add carrots and onion, cook and stir until they are crisp-tender, about 8-10 minutes. Add a little water if needed to prevent sticking.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, except cheese.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
- Serve over rice with a dollop of sour cream.