Pasta with VegetablesFrom Sacha 9 years ago
- 1 pound filled pasta (cheese tortillini works well) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, split (2 and 2) shopping list
- 1 onion chopped shopping list
- 4 cups chopped seasonal veggies (kale, carrots, zucchini, summer squash, winter squash, get creative) shopping list
- parmesan cheese to taste shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Chop veggies and onion.
- Put two tablespoons olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat
- Saute onions until soft
- Add chopped vegetables to pan, place lid and cook until vegetables are soft
- In the meantime, bring large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to directions on package.
- Drain pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Toss pasta and vegetables together, along with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or more if you like) and some of the pasta water (the pasta water will keep the dish from being oily)
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to taste
- Variations: use a combo of olive oil and butter for the sauce, saute garlic in the olive oil/butter before adding to the pasta, add toasted pine nuts, sundried tomatoes, frozen spinach, whatever might taste good.
The CookSacha G'Town, Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!