Layered Enchilada PieFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 large white onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 small cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 2-1/2 ounce can chopped sliced olives shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 6 tortillas cut into strips shopping list
- 1 cup grated sharp cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onion shopping list
- 2/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup whole kernel corn shopping list
How to make it
- Brown beef then drain well.
- Add chopped onion, seasonings and tomato sauce then simmer 15 minutes.
- Add olives, corn and cumin.
- In a casserole dish place small amount of meat and tomato sauce.
- Add a layer tortilla strips and a layer of meat sauce then repeat layers.
- Add water to top of last layer.
- Cover and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add grated cheese, onions and green pepper to the top.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered 10 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!