Buffalo ShrimpFrom pamela 9 years ago
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and de-veined, keep tails attached shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp Creole-style seasoning shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper, ground shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper. Freshly ground shopping list
- 4 cups oil (for frying) shopping list
- BUFFALO SAUCE: shopping list
- 6 oz hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, finely diced shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, ground shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the flour, Creole-style seasoning, garlic and onion powder, cayenne pepper, and ground black pepper in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Seal and shake a few times to mix the ingredients well.
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water then place them in the bag with the flour mixture. Seal, and shake to coat the shrimp well with the mixture.
- Arrange the coated shrimp on a cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. Save the left over flour mixture in the bag.
- Stir together the hot sauce, garlic, cayenne pepper and butter in a mixing bowl and set aside. In a pot, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Take the shrimp out of the refrigerator and shake again in flour mixture.
- Place the shrimp in hot oil and fry until pink, this will take about 2-3 minutes. Remove, and coat immediately with buffalo sauce.
The Cookpamela San Diego, CA
The Rating7 people
Bring the HEAT Baby!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
Got my mouth watering just reading this.A wonderful post,Thanks,bookmarked..Bobrobertg in loved it
Wow! Excellent dish with a decent amount of kick. Went over great with everyone at the dinner party. A must tryrolen1up in VALLEY PARK loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!