Ham Chicken N Spaghetti CasseroleFrom lor 6 years ago
- 1 (7-ounce) package whole wheat spaghetti shopping list
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie stick margarine shopping list
- 1 cup or more pre-sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 medium to large chopped onion shopping list
- 1 chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups skinned, shredded roasted chicken breast shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely chopped extra-lean ham (about 1/4 pound) shopping list
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat, reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted shopping list
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimento, drained shopping list
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- I like to break my spaghetti in half for this recipe. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; and drain well. Rinse under cold running water; drain well, and set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, poultry seasoning, and pepper; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, and cook 1-1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Add chicken, ham, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, and next 3 ingredients; stir well.
- Combine the spaghetti and chicken mixture in a large bowl; stir well. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and paprika, and stir well. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese mixture, remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, and almonds in alternating diagonal rows across top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Make-Ahead Tips: You can assemble the casserole up to 4 hours ahead of time, omitting the cheese and almond topping; cover and chill. Add topping just before baking.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating2 people
I love this... and it was so good... I never noticed the "good for Ya" taste.. U know what I mean... Usually if it's good for ya... it does not taste good... This was great!linebb956 in La Feria loved it