Roasted TurkeyFrom gatorfan 9 years ago
- 1 (12 lb) of turkey shopping list
- 4 tsp of butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of dried tarragon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of dried parsley flakes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of sage shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of paprika shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to remove giblets from both cavities at both ends and set aside.
- Now rinse the bird all overand pat him down dry.
- Next you shoud put a rack into a large roasting pan,and then place the turkey onto the rack with the breast and legs up.
- Now put your palm full of butter in between the skin and flesh.
- Now take a glob of butter into the palm of your hand and generously rub the turkey with the butter.
- Next you should sprinkle the entire bird with salt, freshly ground black pepper, onion powder, granulated garlic powder, tarragon, parsley flakes, thyme, basil and paprika.
- Then pour about 1/4" to 1/2" of water in the bottom of the roasting pan, DONT WASH OF SEASONINGS!!
- Now make a tent over turkey with aluminum foil and place into a preheated 325 degree oven for approx.1 1/2 hours.
- Then take off foil tent and wrap foil around the legs and wings.
- Now make sure to baste the turkey and return it back to oven for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Note: When the juices run clear and not red when you puncture the bird between the thigh and the breast.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the turkey.
The Cookgatorfan Cape Coral, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!