Mama Potato SaladFrom cyates798 9 years ago
- 3 Large red potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 med. yellow onion shopping list
- 1/2 med. green bell pepper shopping list
- 3 tblsp. butter or margarine (for cooking) shopping list
- salt & Course ground pepper (to taste) shopping list
- 2/3 cup Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing shopping list
- 1 boiled egg - sliced shopping list
- 4 slices cooked, crumbled bacon shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and cube potatoes, then place in pot and cover with water.
- Sprinkle a little salt in water and boil potatoes until just able to pierce with fork. Drain.
- Grate onion and bell pepper into small minced pieces.
- I use a hand cheese grater, but you can use a food processor.
- Place potatoes, onion and bell pepper in an air tight bowl.
- Put lid on bowl and flip bowl upside down a few time to mix.
- Place in fridge and chill for up to 24 hours.
- The longer they sit the more flavor they will have.
- When ready to make salad, heat skillet and melt butter over med.-high heat, add potato/onion/peppers sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until browned.
- Place in bowl and let cool.
- When cooled, mix potato mixture, Miracle Whip and 3/4 of bacon pieces in bowl, lay egg slices on top of salad and sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The Cookcyates798 Odessa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!