Butterscotch Pecan Crumb CakeFrom jaie 8 years ago
- 1-1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (you can use light or dark) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten well shopping list
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream to serve shopping list
How to make it
- This recipe can be doubled and baked in 2-8 inch pas or 1-9x13-inch pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Butter an 8 or 9-inch round or square baking pan, dust with flour, tapping out the excess, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the butter.
- With a pastry blender, 2 knives or your fingers, work the mixture to form fine crumbs.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the crumbs; add the pecans and set aside.
- To the crumbs remaining in the bowl, add the baking powder and baking soda.
- Beat in the buttermilk, vanilla and egg just until blended.
- The batter will not be smooth, so be careful not to overbeat.
- Spread the batter in the pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with the crumbs that you set aside.
- Bake until the cake shrinks from the sides of the pan and the crumbs are golden, 40-45 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.