Baked Potato SoupFrom redrum92373 6 years ago
- 6 large baking potatoes shopping list
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 6 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup hot water (with 2 tbsp chicken bullion dissolved) shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, grated shopping list
- 8 green onions -- chopped and divided shopping list
- 1 package slices bacon -- cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 3 cups cheddar cheese -- shredded and divided shopping list
- 8 ounces sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Wash, dry and prick potatoes with fork.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 1 hour or until done. Let cool.
- Cut into half lengthwise and scoop out pulp; set aside.
- Use skins for something else, such as stuffed potato skins.
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add potato pulp, grated onion, salt, pepper, and 2 cups cheese.
- Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Add extra milk if necessary for desired consistency. Serve with green onions, bacon and remaining cheese.