Healthy chicken caesar saladFrom kerrymarie 8 years ago
- 2 boneless free-range chicken breasts, take the skin off for extra skinniness shopping list
- olive oil spray shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 slices of soya and linseed bread shopping list
- 3 little gem lettuces shopping list
- 6 fresh anchovy fillets (optional) shopping list
- For the dressing shopping list
- 1 small clove of garlic, peeled and grated shopping list
- 2 anchovy fillets in olive oil from a jar shopping list
- salt and ground white pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons 0% fat Greek yoghurt shopping list
- A squeeze of lemon juice shopping list
- 20g freshly grated parmesan (with a microplane) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a griddle until smoking. Spritz the chicken breasts with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place onto the griddle and turn down the heat. Cook for five minutes, turn over and repeat for five more minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest for five minutes, then cut into 7mm slices widthways.
- Preheat a conventional oven to 200ºC or a fan-assisted one to 180ºC.
- To make the melba toasts, toast the soy and linseed bread until golden. Cut off the crusts and slice through the bread horizontally so that you are left with two sides of bread, each with one toasted side and one soft side.
- Place on a baking tray, soft-side-up, and bake for five minutes or until the bread has curled up and dried.
- Place the garlic, anchovy and some salt and pepper in a pestle and mortar and pound until broken into a smooth paste.
- Tablespoon by tablespoon, add the yoghurt and lemon juice until combined. Stir in the parmesan and season again to taste.
- Drop the lettuce leaves into a bowl and mix together with the dressing. Place on a plate and top with the chicken breast and fresh anchovies. Lay the melba toasts by the side.
The Cookkerrymarie Somerset, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!