Healthy ho fan beef noodlesFrom kerrymarie 6 years ago
- 100g wide rice noodles shopping list
- 200g lean sirloin steak, trimmed of all fat shopping list
- olive oil spray shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 2cm knob of ginger, peeled and finely shredded shopping list
- 3 spring onions, cut in half widthways then lengthways through the middle shopping list
- 10 small shiitake mushrooms, 5 large ones cut in half shopping list
- 100g tenderstem broccoli, sliced lengthways through the middle shopping list
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced shopping list
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced shopping list
- 1 red chilli, sliced shopping list
- For the sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons premium oyster sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the kettle. Place the rice noodles in a large bowl, pour over the boiled water and cover with clingfilm. Leave for five minutes or until tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to prevent them sticking together (they will heat up again when you add them to the stir-fry).
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking. Spritz the steak with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the steak onto the griddle pan and grill for one to two minutes on each side. This will give you a nice medium-rare steak.
- If you like it more or less cooked, change the cooking time accordingly, but remember that when you add the steak to the stir-fry it will cook a little more.
- Remove from heat and leave to rest for five minutes. Slice thinly widthways.
- To make the sauce, mix the ingredients together with a splash of water.
- Heat a wok. Add the olive oil and throw in the garlic, ginger, spring onion, shiitake mushrooms, broccoli and peppers and stir-fry for two minutes.
- Pour over the sauce, and add the noodles and steak. Give it a big stir until combined and serve topped with the chilli.