Lamb and Pea Keema CurryFrom babe_kl 6 years ago
- 2 tbsp ghee, butter or oil shopping list
- 2 medium-sized onions (100g each), quartered and thinly sliced shopping list
- 20g ginger, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 piece cinnamon shopping list
- 3 cardamoms shopping list
- 300g lamb, minced or cubed shopping list
- 2 tbsp ground coriander shopping list
- 2 tbsp chilli powder shopping list
- 2 tomatoes (250g), roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas shopping list
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves and stalks, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a pan, heat the ghee and fry half the onions until they begin to brown. Add ginger, garlic and green chilli and whole spices.
- Cook 2-3 mins and add the lamb, stirring until meat browns. Add ground corriander and chilli powder and cook for 1-2 minutes, add chopped tomatoes. Cook on medium heat until the tomatoes break down, then add a cup of water.
- Lower heat, stir in the salt and simmer, partially covered, until lamb is tender - about 20 mins. Add peas and cook for a few minutes. Stir in corriander and mint, remove from heat.