Slow Cook Italian Roast Beef SandwichesFrom cyates798 6 years ago
- 3 to 4 lb. beef roast shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup Zesty Italian dressing shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 med. red bell pepper, sliced into strips shopping list
- 1 med. yellow onion, sliced into strips shopping list
- 1/4 tsp (each) - onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp (each) - basil and oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat off of roast and cut into 3 chunks, rub salt and pepper over meat.
- Heat oil in skillet til hot (not smoking) and sear meat until browned on outside.
- Place meat in slow cooker - combine all spices and sprinkle over meat.
- Then place onion and pepper strips over meat.
- Combine water and Italian dressing and pour over contents in cooker.
- Turn on cooker, cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Serve on rolls, you can also make it au jus by dipping it into the juices leftover in cooker!