Royal Pedestal Corn PuddingFrom rosemaryblue 6 years ago
- 1 poblano chile, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced shopping list
- 3 cups corn kernels shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1-1/3 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/3 tablespoons red chile powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 5 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups unbleached four shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a bundt pan by greasing it well
- In small bowl mix together chile and corn, set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter sugar, baking soda, baking powder, chile powder, and salt
- Separate the eggs, placing the yolks and whites in separate bowl.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside
- Whip the egg yolks until well blended and add to the creamed mixture in large mixing bowl. Add milk and flour alternately. With the mixer on low speed, blend well. Place in large bowl and add chile and corn mixture
- By hand, gradually fold in the beaten egg whites
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool before turning out of pan.
- This is really easy, just a few bowls involved
- Hope you enjoy this!
- NOTE: I use an electric hand mixer with this.