Apple CrumbleFrom vindee 9 years ago
- Apples- 6-8 / 1 kg (crisp ones, a bit tart are ok) shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon (increase if apples are sweet) shopping list
- sugar (granular) - 2 Tbsps shopping list
- raisins – 1 handful shopping list
- cinnamon - 1 tsp shopping list
- walnuts – ¼ Cup/ chopped shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- flour - 1/3 cup shopping list
- Sugar- 2 Tbsps shopping list
- cinnamon – 1 level tsp shopping list
- butter - 2-3 Tbsps shopping list
- rolled oats - 1/3 cup (this is soluble fibre!!) shopping list
How to make it
- Core and peel apples...chop into small pieces. Toss these with lemon juice immediately after all have been chopped or they will turn brown.
- Toss this well with the raisins + sugar + cinnamon+walnuts.
- Put into shallow pie dish (9" or 23cm or 1L) and press lightly into place.
- Cook in microwave for 4 mins on medium to save time on baking.
- To prepare crumble
- Mix flour + sugar+ cinnamon with a spoon in a dry bowl.
- Put in cold butter cut into pieces and work with finger tips to make a breadcrumbs like texture.
- Now toss in the oats lightly with a spoon.
- Put this crumble over the apple mixture, covering the whole thing well up to the edges. Press down lightly.
- Bake at 180deg pre-heated oven till top light brown and stewed apple juice begins to appear on edges/about 30mins. If the top begins to brown too quickly, cover with foil until done.
- Allow to cool in dish. Refrigerate.
- Note:Warm in microwave before serving.
- Serve with either a dollop of whipped cream, or vanilla ice-cream.
The Cookvindee Gurgaon, IN
The Rating4 people
One tof the great apple recipes.Thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
This looks really good, vindee! Will try this very soon.
tcvillegas in Manila loved it
Wow! Apart from prepping all the apples this dish was really easy & really yummy. The only alterations i made were doubling the topping and adding clove + nutmeg, i had to let it cook for an extra 20 mins. Lovely result, thankyou.rushii in Adelaide loved it