Chickpea and Spinach SoupFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms soaked in 3 cups lukewarm water for 1 hour shopping list
- 1 pound fresh spinach thoroughly rinsed shopping list
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2 ripe tomatoes peeled seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 19 ounce can garbanzo beans drained shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Lift mushrooms from liquid without stirring up the liquid.
- Chop mushrooms very fine.
- Strain liquid through strainer with a coffee filter or paper towel and reserve.
- Remove stems from spinach and cook in covered pan for 5 minutes.
- Drain spinach and chop coarsely.
- Heat oil in large soup pot over moderate heat and sauté onion for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, spinach, chickpeas, filtered mushroom liquid, salt and pepper
- Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to very low and simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Serve garnished with grated parmesan.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!