Fried Tofu with a Special Dipping SauceFrom oescrazy1 9 years ago
- 1 Cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more if desired shopping list
- fresh black pepper shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained and pressed and cut into 1/2" cubes shopping list
- canola oil shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons organic apricot fruit spread shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- 1/4 Cup tamari or shoyu shopping list
- 1/4 Cup water shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium fry pan add enough oil for tofu to fry in. (The oil should come to the middle of the tofu but does not need to cover it as you can turn the tofu)
- Bring oil to medium high heat. You want the oil to fry the tofu but you DO NOT want the oil to bubble or boil. Be careful to watch this does not happen.
- In medium bowl add cornmeal, red pepper flakes and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Add tofu and coat well.
- When oil is hot add tofu cubes about 8 pieces at a time. They should cook in about 30 seconds.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain off excess oil.
- Season with sea salt.Repeat with remaining tofu.
- For the dipping sauce:
- In a medium bowl add apricot spread, ginger, water and tamari.
- Mix well.
- If sauce is not thick enough add more apricot fruit spread, one teaspoon at a time until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Serve with toothpicks.