Aussie Meat PieFrom kjroxx 9 years ago
- 1 finely chopped onion shopping list
- 500g lean minced beef shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 beef stock cubes shopping list
- ¼ cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- pinch of oregano shopping list
- pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- 3 tbspn plain flour shopping list
- 1 sheet short crust pastry shopping list
- 1 sheet puff pastry shopping list
- 1 egg for glazing shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 230 C (445 F)
- Cook onion and meat in large fry pan until meat is well browned.
- Add ¾ cup water, stock cubes, sauces and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend flour and remaining 1/4 cup water together then add to meat, bring to the boil and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool while preparing pie dish.
- Line a pie plate (sprayed) with the short crust pastry.
- Spoon in the cooled meat mixture.
- Moisten edges of pastry with water.
- Top with puff sheet, pressing down to seal the edges, trim and glaze with egg.
- Bake in a very hot oven, 230 C (445 F) for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 190 C (375 F) for a further 25 minutes until golden.