Sun Dried Tomato JamFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
- 3 cups sweet onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 (7 ounce jars) oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine (have a glass yourself while cooking this) shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In heavy saucepan, combine onion, sugar, garlic and tomatoes.
- Cook over medium heat until tomatoes are softened. Stir frequently. (About 8 minutes)
- Add vinegar and wine.
- Cook 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add water and chicken broth or stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally,
- Stir in rosemary and salt.
- Pour into 4 sterilized half-pint jelly jars. Cool.
- Apply lids and chill.