Chocolate Chunk Bread PuddingFrom pointsevenout 8 years ago
- 1 3/4c Hawaiian bread, cubed to 1/2" shopping list
- 2T sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2T unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1T Kahlua (coffee flavored liqueur) shopping list
- 1/2t vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1oz semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2T frozen fat free whipped topping, thawed shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until toasted. Remove bread from oven and decrease temperature to 325*
- Combine milk and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add bread, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Divide half of bread mixture between 2 (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with half of chocolate. Divide remaining bread mixture between ramekins; top with remaining chocolate.
- Place ramekins in an 8" square baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1". Bake at 325* for 25 minutes or until set. Serve warm with whipped topping.
- 319 calories per serving; 30% from fat.
- WINE NOTE: Chocolate is tough on most wines, but port--which comes in a variety of styles--is one exception. Try a late bottled vintage port, which doesn't need decanting. Top producers are Grahams, Smith-Woodhouse, and Taylor Fladgate (each about $25 - $30).