Pork Tenderloin with Savory Cherry-Port SauceFrom pointsevenout 9 years ago
- 2/3c port or other sweet red wine shopping list
- 3/5c dried tart cherries shopping list
- 3T all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2t coriander shopping list
- 1/4t salt shopping list
- 1/4t black pepper shopping list
- 1.5 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed shopping list
- 1T butter shopping list
- 2T shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 1c chicken broth, fat-free, less-sodium shopping list
How to make it
- Place port in 1 cup glass measure. Microwave at HIGH 20 seconds or until very warm. Combine port and cherries; cover and let stand 10 minutes or until soft. Drain cherries in a collander over a bowl, reserving port.
- Combine flour, corriander, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge pork in flour mixture. Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pork; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove pork; stir in reserved port, scraping pan to remove browned bits. Add cherries and shallots. Reduce heat; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in broth; bring to a simmer.
- Return pork to pan. Partially cover, and cook 10 minutes. Uncover and cook 12 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registeres 155* (slightly pink), turning pork occasionally. Cut into slices, and serve with sauce.
- Serving size: 3 oz meat and 2 tablespoons sauce; 220 calories; 20% from fat.
- So low in calories and so high in kickin' taste.
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
The Rating1 people
What a super delicious recipe! I know my family will love it with all the 'special' flavors.
Thank you for the post.
Victoriavictoriaregina in USA loved it