Mexican Chicken SaladFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- 4 single chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Few peppercorns shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 4 corn tortillas shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- 1 cucumber shopping list
- GREEN CHILE MAYONNAISE: shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime or lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion shopping list
- 3/4 cup olive oil or salad oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Dash pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles,canned shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento shopping list
- Wedges of fresh lime (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken,salt and peppercorns in a sauce pan with water. Cover partially
- Simmer until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain, saving broth for soup. Remove skin and shred chicken.
- Slice tortillas, stacked together, into 1/4 inch strips. Fry in 1-inch oil until crisp. Drain.
- Scrub cucumber to get waxy coating off. Slice in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds. Cut into thin slices. Stack slices and cut into very thin strips.
- In a blender, combine the egg yolk, mustard, lime or lemon juice and onion. With blender running, slowly add oil in a slow, steady stream. Blend in salt and pepper.
- STIR in the chile and pimiento.
- Combine the chicken, and cucumber with as much mayonnaise as desired, mix in tortillas just before serving or serve next to salad on plate. Serve with lime wedges.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating2 people
Easy to make and well received by the whole family. Would go great with salsa as a garnish.chrisholmes66 in Montreal loved it