Basic Coffee CakeFrom borinda 7 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup sweet butter, room temp shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup milk -- OR -- sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- Streusel: shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Tbsp softened butter shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, or chocolate chips, and/or raisins shopping list
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut - optional shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a 9" cake pan and dust lightly with dried breadcrumbs
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg. Alternately add the dry, sifted ingredients and the milk with the vanilla mixed into it.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Top with 1/2 the streusel and a bit of the coconut. Top with the remaining batter and then the streusel.
- Bake until tests done. I find it varies greatly by the oven it's baked in, ranging from 25 minutes to 45, so just test it to be sure. That is the only "fussiness" of this recipe, it is easy and reliable.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating8 people
Love this recipe and lots of your other ones. Going to make this one for Saturday morning.
Thanksmsbooch75 in Ocean Springs loved it
I hope you enjoy this, it really should be great for a Saturday or sunday brunch.borinda in SoCal loved it
Not rude - asking a question. Coffee cake is often referred to as ones served with a cup of coffee where we come from. The "basic" reference is because the batter is lovely adn you can doctor up and personalize this recipe with what you include. I...moreborinda in SoCal loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!