Baby Back RibsFrom pamela 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat grill at high heat.
- Mix together chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small jar. Place on the lid, and shake to mix well.
- Remove the membrane sheath from the back of every rack of ribs. Slide a small, sharp knife between the membrane and each rib, to remove as much of the membrane as possible. Drizzle as much rub as you desire onto both sides of the ribs. To prevent them from becoming too spicy and dark, don’t rub the spices into the ribs completely. Store the remaining portion of the spice mix for later use.
- Put some aluminum foil on the lower rack to catch the drippings and avoid flare-ups. Oil the grate, lightly, and place ribs on the top rack. Reduce the heat to low, and leave alone with the lid closed for 1 hour. (Do not lift the lid at all during that time.)
- Brush with barbecue sauce, and grill 5 minutes more. Serve the ribs as whole rack, or cut between each bone and pile separately on a platter.
The Cookpamela San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!