Apple CrumbleFrom reever2 7 years ago
How to make it
- Firstly, peel and core the apples and roughly dice them into chunks.
- Put the apple chunks into a pan, add three quarters of the sugar, the cinnamon stick or clove and cover.
- Allow to stew gently for half an hour, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Keep checking as they can easily burn at the beginning.
- Check that the fruit is cooked by mashing it a bit with the wooden spoon. The apples should be soft but not puréed.
- Put the apples into the serving dish and allow to cool.
- Mix the white flour, remaining sugar and the butter with your fingers in a bowl until it becomes like a breadcrumb consistency.
- Set the temperature of the oven to 150ºC (300ºF/ gas mark 2).
- Cover the stewed apples with the crumble topping, without pressing down.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and crunchy.
- Spoon a helping of crumble into a dish and serve with cream or ice cream.
The Cookreever2 St Albans, GB
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!