Braised Duck in a Chocolate Wine SauceFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 4 duck legs, well trimmed and halved shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 12 shallots, peeled shopping list
- 2 carrots, diced shopping list
- 2 tbsp finely diced pancetta shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 cups dry red wine shopping list
- 3 whole cloves shopping list
- 1 tbsp dried thyme shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary shopping list
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses shopping list
- ¼ cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Season the duck pieces with salt and pepper. Dredge duck in flour.
- Heat butter in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Brown duck pieces for about 3 minutes each side.
- Remove duck to a plate and reserve.
- Add pancetta and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add shallots and carrots and cook until shallots are lightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, bay leaves, wine, cloves, thyme, rosemary, cranberries and pomegranate molasses.
- Bring to a boil. Add duck.
- Reduce to a low simmer and cook (uncovered) 25 minutes.
- Add stock.
- Bring to a boil again then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 1 to 1½ hours, turning duck ½ way through.
- Transfer duck to bowl.
- Heat sauce over low heat and whisk in chocolate until just melted.
- Add the duck back to the sauce and stir to coat. Serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
Duck is fantastic and this recipe is printed and will be made soon. How innovative. Thank you.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Party Food316 members
Whole Foods142 members
Just Love To Cook48 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Christmas All Year182 members