Blueberry Bran Pancakes - Weight WatchersFrom shirleyoma 9 years ago
- 1 cup ready-to-eat bran flakes shopping list
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tsp. canola oil shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 TB sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup blueberries shopping list
- 2 tsp. powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Crush cereal in a food processor or blender, or place in a zip-close plastic
- bag and crush with a rolling pin; set aside.
- Stir egg whites, buttermilk, oil and cereal together in a medium bowl; allow
- to stand 5 minutes. Beat in flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda with
- a wire whisk until well blended.
- To make pancakes, place 3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet, repeat to make
- 4 pancakes at a time. Gently press 5 to 6 blueberries into each pancake.
- Cook until puffed, about 2 minutes; flip and cook until golden brown, about
- 2 minutes more. Repeat to make 12 pancakes. Serve pancakes in a short stack
- dusted with powdered sugar. Yields 3 pancakes per serving.
- POINTS® Value 4 pts per service