Jalapeno PestoFrom kristafromvista 8 years ago
- These measurements are approximate. You can adjust depending on which flavors you prefer to emphasize or de-emphasize based on your individual tastes. shopping list
- 2 fresh jalapenos, chopped shopping list
- half a medium brown or white onion, chopped coarsely shopping list
- 2 cups fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1.5 Tablespoons minced fresh garlic shopping list
- 1-2 Tablespoons pine nuts or other nuts shopping list
- 1-2 Tablespoons dried shredded parmesan shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- The juice of half a lemon shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- If you want this more spicy, add more peppers or chilis or try adding some tabasco. If you want it less spicey, keep the peppers and cilantro to a minimum and substitute with more basil or even some chopped spinach leaves to bulk it up and spread out the flavors. shopping list
How to make it
- Place ingredients in a blender or food processor and grind to a paste, pausing to stir ingredients occasionally for even texture.
- You can use this as a sauce with pasta or add on top of grilled meat, chicken, fish, veggies, etc.
- Another cool idea is mixing one part jalapeno pesto with one part mayo and making it a different sandwich spread.
The Cookkristafromvista Escondido, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!