Sausage and Peppers with PastaFrom elle 8 years ago
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausages, sliced in 1 inch wide pieces (freeze 20 min. to make slicing easier) shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in strips shopping list
- 1 Tbs minced garlic shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (or 2 tsp chicken base, which I prefer) shopping list
- 8 oz thin spaghetti, broken in thirds shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups frozen cut spinach leaves shopping list
- parmesan cheese (to garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large skillet over med. high heat.
- Add sausage, peppers, and garlic, and saute about 4 minutes, until peppers are tender, but still crisp.
- Add water, basil, and bouillon.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir spaghetti to liquid.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, cover and reduce heat, simmer 4 minutes.
- Uncover, increase heat, boil gently for 6-8 min.
- ,stirring often until pasta is al dente, and liquid is nearly absorbed, but still saucy.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.