Easy Lowfat Turkey QuesadillasFrom texasceleste 6 years ago
- 4-5 slices thinly sliced and then hand-shredded turkey breast (I prefer peppered turkey) shopping list
- 1/4 cup lowfat colby jack or mexican blend shredded cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup DRAINED picante sauce or chunky salsa, I like roasted pepper salsa shopping list
- 2 low fat tortillas, fajita size shopping list
- 2 tbsp. nonfat sour cream-sometimes I mix this with a little picante sauce for an extra kick shopping list
- non-stick cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. fahrenheit. While preheating, you can place tortillas on middle rack so they brown and crisp just slightly.
- Remove tortillas when oven reaches desired temperature and place one on a cookie sheet you have sprayed with the non-stick spray (we like Mazola Pure canola or olive oil spray.)
- Cover tortilla with shredded turkey breast, then pour on the drained picante sauce or salsa. Finish with the cheese and cover the entire thing with another tortilla. Press down lightly. Spritz the top tortilla with the spray and place back in the oven.
- Cook time is inexact, you want to check after about 3-5 minutes and flip the quesadilla once it starts to brown more on top. You want both sides to be crispy, and the interior melted together. You can also spritz a bit more if desired, and make sure you push down on the top tortilla once the cheese starts to melt, to "fix" both sides to one another.
- When done, coat top tortilla with sour cream and serve. Simple!
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooktexasceleste Austin, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!