Basic Chinese Stock Canton ChinaFrom oldgringo 9 years ago
How to make it
- This recipe is adapted from Yar Gay Restaurant in Canton, China.
- Place the ingredients in a large soup pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 90 minutes. Skim the surface of any solid deposits that rise.
- As the liquid reduces, maintain the liquid at about 6 quarts.
- Since the stock is used in other dishes, salt is not add during preparation but at the time the stock is used.
- When finished, remove the chicken and pork bones and strain the stock into pint or quart jars,
- Can, freeze or refrigerate as you desire.