Creamy Shrimp CurryFrom gingerlea 9 years ago
- 1 lb. fresh, shelled shrimp cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 small onion chopped fine shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup plain flour shopping list
- 2 tbps Indian curry (or more if you prefer) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 reg. can chicken broth or homemade shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion in butter until tender
- Add flour and curry stirring until smooth. Cook for at least a minute or two
- Gradually add milk and chicken broth, stirring until mixture thickens.
- Stir in sugar, salt, ginger and lemon juice cooking to incorporate flavors.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink
- I always taste to make sure I have enough of the fantastic Indian curry flavor.
- Serve over Jasmine rice
The Cookgingerlea Tampa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!