Sun-dried Cranberry Mango RisottoFrom dond 6 years ago
- ¾ cup water shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 star anise shopping list
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced shopping list
- 4 cups hot vegetable or chicken stock shopping list
- 1 shallot, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- ½ cup Riesling shopping list
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp grated romano cheese (optional) shopping list
- 2 tbsp sun-dried cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- Place water, sugar, vinegar, and star anise in a saucepan and bring to a boil; making sure the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Cook at medium heat until it reduces slightly.
- Strain and let cool.
- Add mango and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, sauté shallot and garlic for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, 2 minutes, until the rice becomes translucent.
- Add white wine, stir, and continue to cook until the liquid has reduced to about three or four tablespoons.
- Add about ½ cup stock; reduce heat, and cook, stirring until almost all of it has been absorbed.
- Continue cooking, stirring, and adding stock (½ cup at a time), when previous addition has been absorbed, until rice is al dente and the risotto is creamy (about 15–20 minutes).
- When the rice is done, remove it from the heat.
- Drain the mango and add it to the rice, along with the chives, the Romano cheese (if using), and the sun-dried cranberries.
- Season risotto with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
The Cookdond Rockville, MD
The Rating1 people
Hi Dond! Yes, this one is from the Waring House Inn (P.E.I.), and I make this one too. Never thought about trying marscapone...yep, that would be VERY rich! Great post!kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!