Lemon Chess PieFrom jemison 8 years ago
- 1 Deep Dish Pet Ritz pie shell, I cover the edges and lightly brown the inside shopping list
- 1 ¼ c sugar shopping list
- 1 ½ T fine yellow cornmeal shopping list
- ¼ t salt shopping list
- 3 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- ½ c milk shopping list
- ¼ c unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- ⅓ c fresh lemon juice shopping list
- Grated zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- ½ t vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ t lemon extract, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together the sugar, cornmeal, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and egg yolk and whisk well.
- Whisk in the milk, melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and lemon extract if using.
- Then slowly pour the filling into the cooled pie shell.
- Bake the pie on the center oven rack for about 45 to 50 minutes, turning it 180 degrees halfway through.
- When done, the top will be dark golden brown, and the filling will be set except for the very center, which may jiggle slightly when you tap the pan.
- Cool the pie on a wire rack.
- Serve it at room temperature or cover and chill until serving time. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
The Cookjemison Huntersville, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!