Lemon Chicken with ThymeFrom arch_minor 9 years ago
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts tenderloins shopping list
- 2 T margarine shopping list
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- onion powder shopping list
- lemon juice shopping list
- thyme shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- flour shopping list
- 2-3 cans chicken broth shopping list
- rice(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour with salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken in flour, and reserve excess flour.
- Brown chicken in olive oil, cooking both sides.
- Remove cooked chicken and lower heat setting to about medium.
- Add margarine and dash of onion powder to the same pan you cooked the chicken in.
- Quickly add chicken broth to pan.
- Stirring constantly, gradually mix in enough reserved flour to get a gravy-like consistency(sifting the flour into the pan keeps it from getting lumpy)
- Add lemon juice and thyme to taste.
- Place chicken back in pan with gravy and turn heat to low.
- Allow to simmer until your rice is cooked or for about 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice or however you like.