Armenian Eggplant DipFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 1 md egg plant shopping list
- 1/4 c Chopped red onion shopping list
- 1/2 c milk shopping list
- 1 tb olive oil shopping list
- 2 tb lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tb butter shopping list
- 1 tb flour shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Freshly grated nutmeg-- to taste shopping list
- 3 oz parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Prick eggplant with a fork in 10-12 places and rub with olive oil. Bake uncovered for about an hour, or until the pulp feels quite soft. Scoop out the pulp and place in a small saucepan. Add lemon juice and cook over medium heat until the water has evaporated - about 5 minutes.
- Saute the onion in butter. Blend enough of the flour in to make a thick roux, then add milk slowly to form a thick sauce. Beat lightly into the eggplant. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the Parmesan cheese and a few drops of warm milk if dip is too thick.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator but bring to room temperature before serving with crackers, bagel chips, or strips of crisped pita.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!