Seafood FondeauxFrom lesliegw 6 years ago
- 4 shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 4 oysters, blackened seasoning, to taste shopping list
- Melted butter, as needed shopping list
- 1 cup chopped spinach (I like to use fresh blanched, but frozen is fine) shopping list
- 4 mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 oz. lump crabmeat shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chpped green onion shopping list
- 5 oz. monterey jack cheese, grated shopping list
- garlic breac shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablesppons flour shopping list
- 1/4 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cump shrimp stock or water shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- pinch of cayenne shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- You can use any variation of seafood that you prefer. Don't like oysters? Use twice the crab meat. or shrimp.
- Make sauce and set aside.
- Season shrimp and oysters with blackened seasonings (available in supermarket).
- Melt butter in hot saute pan, and saute shrimp and oysters, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add spinach, mushrooms, crab and green onion. Saute until mushrooms and spinach soften.
- Fold in sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Pour into heatproof dish and top with grated cheese (I use extra).
- Place under broiler until cheese melts.
- Use garlic bread as dippers.
- Melt butter in a saucepan
- Whisk in flour and chopped onion.
- Cook over medicum heat until onion is tender.
- Slowly stir in stock and wine and whisk until smooth.
- Add cayenne and salt and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Shrimp stock:
- Boil down 1 cup of shrimp shells in 4 cups of water. Boil shells for 30 minutes.
The Cooklesliegw Sugar Land, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!