Special Cocoa CakeFrom coffeebean53 9 years ago
- 3/4 c Hershey's cocoa shopping list
- 1/2 c brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c boiling water shopping list
- 2 c Cake flour; sifted shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2/3 c shortening shopping list
- 1 1/4 c sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 c milk shopping list
How to make it
- 1.) Mix cocoa and brown sugar in saucepan; add hot water,
- stirring until smooth. Bring to a boil, and cook slowly 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly; cool.
- 2.) Sift flour once, then measure and mix with baking
- powder, soda, and salt; sift twice.
- 3.) Cream shortening until softened; add sugar gradually,
- beating thoroughly after each addition.
- 4.) Beat in vanilla, then eggs, one at a time, beating
- until fluffy after each. Add cooled cocoa mixture; stir until blended. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating until smooth, after each addition.
- 5.) Turn into 2 greased (9-inch) layer pans. Bake in
- moderate oven (350') about 25 minutes.
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!