Vietnamese Inspired Noodles with Cilantro and AsaragusFrom katerina 10 years ago
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ginger, cut into 1" matchsticks shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, minced shopping list
- 2 dried thai chillis, ground shopping list
- 1 dozen prawns, shells and tails removed and deveined shopping list
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 1.5" pieces shopping list
- 1 lime, juiced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- ⅓ cup chinese cooking wine, or sherry shopping list
- 1 green onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 small carrots, grated with a peeler shopping list
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves shopping list
- vermicelli noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the vermicelli according to the package directions. When draining run under cold water until cool to stop the cooking. Add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and stir to stop from sticking. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic, the minced cilantro, and the chillis and cook for 3 minutes stirring.
- Add prawns and asparagus and cook for 2 more minutes stirring.
- Add 1/2 the lime juice the wine and the soy sauce and cook until the asparagus is just soft and the prawns are pink through.
- Add in the vermicelli and stir until heated through - about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and toss in the green onion and 3/4 of the carrot.
- Serve garnish with remaining lime juice, carrot, and cilantro leaves.