Minestra or Beans and GreensFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 to 4 slices bacon, diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 pounds escarole, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 (14 ounce) cans white kidney beans (cannelloni), drained shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock (see note below) shopping list
- coarse or kosher salt shopping list
- ground black pepepr shopping list
- parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- In Dutch oven, heat oil.
- Add garlic and bacon. Saute 3 minutes.
- Add onion and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add escarole and allow to wilt down.
- Add beans, stock, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat 12 minutes or until greens are tender.
- Ladle into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
- **Note** KITCHEN BASICS makes very good quality stocks that are packaged in cardboard cartons. The are all natural and have good flavor and far less sodium than traditional canned broth.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!