Zucchini LasagneFrom jaie 7 years ago
- 6 medium-sized zucchini, cut into slices about 1/8-inch thick shopping list
- 1 pound mozzarella, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- Tomato sauce: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salad oil shopping list
- 2 cloves galic, minced shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef, optional shopping list
- 1-1 pound can tomatoes and liquid shopping list
- 1-6 ounce can tomato paste shopping list
- 3/4 cup red wine shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 tablespoonsoil in a wide pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is soft.
- Add mushrooms and ground beef if making meat sauce.
- Cook, stirring until meat is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in canned tomatoes and liquid, tomato paste, wine, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Boil gently, uncovered, until thick. About 25 minutes.
- Arrange half the zucchini slices in a greased 3-quart casserole dish or baking dish.
- Evenly top with half the mozzarella, half the ricotta and half the sauce.
- Repeat layers then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° fo 35 minutes or until zucchini is tender when pierced and the cheese is lightly browned.
- Serve with warm crusty Italian or French bread.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
The Rating2 people
The sauce was especially phenomenal! I tried a bit of it on some angel hair pasta before I added it to the dish..and WOW! The sauce by itself deserves 5 stars! I used Chianti for the red wine, which is perfect for tomato-based sauces. I also impr...morecaladrienne in Athens loved it
hey must be good its almost the exact same recipe I makeravenseyes in Belcamp loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!